A quick and easy layered pan sushi, perfect to share at your next potluck!
|1 1⁄2||Cup||sushi rice|
|6||Ounce||crab meat or imitation crab meat, shredded|
|1||each||medium Japanese cucumber, sliced 1/16 inch thick|
|1||each||avocado, sliced thin|
|each||Shiso furikake as needed|
|2||each||sheets roasted nori (seaweed)|
Note: 2 each 8" x 8" pans are needed for preparation
- Cook the rice in rice cooker. Once done fold in the sushi vinegar.
- Spread the rice out so it can cool.
- Combine the crab with the mayonnaise.
- Line the first 8x8 pan with aluminum foil. Lay down a sheet of nori, then cover with half the rice.
- Add the avocado, then cucumbers, then crab mayo mix, sprinkle with the shiso furikake. Then top layer of rice and nori.
- Cover the top with plastic wrap, then place the second 8×8 inch pan on top. Weigh it down and let sit, pressed, for an hour.
- Turn the square of sushi out onto a cutting board. Slice evenly.
If you want to make a sushi that you can serve out of the pan, instead of using nori sheets, just use nori furikake so it easy to cut.