Refreshingly sweet, fresh, and tangy
|3||Tablespoon||fresh pomegranate juice|
|3||Tablespoon||sherry vinegar or high quality red wine vinegar|
| ||Each||coarse salt, as needed|
| ||Each||freshly ground pepper, as needed|
|3||Tablespoon||extra virgin olive oil|
|2||each||small ripe Fuyu persimmons, thinly sliced|
|2||each||small shallots, thinly sliced|
|1⁄3||Cup||pomegranate seeds, approximately 1 small pomegranate|
|1⁄2||each||lemon, for juicing|
|1⁄2||Pound||arugula or spring green salad (mesclun)|
|2⁄3||Cup||pecans, toasted and rough chopped|
- In a small bowl, combine pomegranate juice, sherry vinegar, and salt; let stand 5 minutes.
- Whisk in olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss persimmons, sliced shallots, and pomegranate seeds with dressing; season with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon.
- Gently toss with arugula.
- Arrange salad on a serving platter, and garnish with toasted pecans.
- Serve immediately.
- Optional: Also garnish with good quality blue cheese crumbles or firm goat cheese slices.