Pineapple Mango Chutney
Full of great aromatic and tropical flavors, Chef Keoni Chang share his recipe for a traditional sweet and savory Indian dish!
|1||each||medium red onion, diced|
|1⁄4||Cup||peeled and finely chopped ginger|
|2||Cup||Sweet Gold pineapple, diced|
|1||each||large ripe mango, peeled, and diced|
|1||each||Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and diced ½|
|1⁄2||Cup||golden raisins, soaked in ½ cup apple juice until soft|
|3⁄4||Cup||apple cider vinegar|
|1⁄2||Cup||light brown sugar|
|2||Tablespoon||finely sliced mint|
- In a medium sauce pot heat the oil and add the chili flakes and onions and sweat until onions are translucent. Add the ginger and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the mint.
- Stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a bare simmer and reduce for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Continue to simmer until the mixture thickens and looks shiny. Cool and stir in the mint.
- Adjust sweetness or sourness with more brown sugar or cider vinegar.