Pineapple Upside Down Cake
A sweet, moist and delicious classic dessert recipe for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake!
|2||Can||Sliced Pineapple Rings in Juice *reserve juice (20 oz. cans)|
|12||each||Whole Maraschino Cherries|
|1||box||yellow cake mix|
|1||Cup||*Reserved Pineapple Juice|
|1||each||Banana (overripe preferred)|
|1||Teaspoon||Pure Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Bean Paste|
- Melt butter; then evenly coat the bottom of the 9"x13" pan
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the melted butter, press down.
- Arrange the drained pineapple rings over the brown sugar.
- Add one maraschino cherry in the middle of each ring.
- Set aside; then proceed to make cake batter.
- Pre Heat Oven to 350° F
- In a large bowl, add the banana; mash on low/medium speed.
- Then add all the wet ingredients: reserved pineapple juice, water, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the cake mix over the wet ingredients.
- Mix on a low speed until combined. Change setting to med high/high speed for 2 minutes. Scrape the bottom of the bowl.
- Continue to mix 3 more minutes.
- Spread cake batter evenly over pineapple in prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes; or until the cake tests clean with a tooth pick.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 1 minute.
- Invert onto a sheet pan lined with parchment or waxed paper. Cool for 15 minutes with the pan still covering the cake.
- Remove pan; cool completely
Serve with whipped cream, Candied Nuts, Vanilla Sauce or Ice Cream. May be served warm, but best at room temperature.