Pumpkin Pecan Pie
Two great favorites combine in this astonishingly delicious pie
|1||each||prepared deep dish pie crust|
|1||Cup||canned solid packed pumpkin|
|2⁄3||Cup||light or dark corn syrup|
|1||Cup||pecans, coarsely chopped|
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pre-bake the pie shell for about 15 minutes or until it just starts to turn color.
- In a small bowl, combine one egg, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.
- Spread mixture into pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, beat two eggs slightly.
- Stir in corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla; stir until well blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Carefully spoon over pumpkin mixture.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until filling is set around the edge.
- You may need to cover the pie with parchment paper or another pan to prevent too much color on the top.
- Cool pie completely on wire rack.
- Serve with whipped cream and/or vanilla sauce.