Peppery arugula, sweet pears and nutty gruyere make this a salad not to be missed
|2||each||firm pears, halved and seeded|
|6||Tablespoon||red wine vinegar|
| ||Each||salt and pepper, to taste|
|4||Bunch||arugula, cleaned and dried|
|3⁄4||Cup||shelled walnuts, toasted|
| ||Each||Emmi Cave Aged Gruyere or romano cheese, as needed|
- Preheat oven at the low broiler setting.
- Place pear halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet and brush them with honey.
- Place pan in oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Slice the pears lengthwise into half inch slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Whisk in olive oil until emulsified.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the arugula with the vinaigrette.
- Plate salad individually with pear slices and toasted walnuts sprinkled on top.
- Garnish with thin slices of the gruyere or Romano cheese.
- Note: This salad is also excellent with paper thin slices of prosciutto.