Roy's Grilled Ahi with a Mango Smoked Chipotle BBQ Sauce
Chef Roy Yamaguchi shares this excellent recipe for Grilled Ahi with an exotic Mango Chipotle BBQ sauce!
|1||each||lime zest and juice|
|Each||salt and pepper, to taste|
|2||Pound||sashimi grade ahi, cut into 4/8 oz. portions|
|1⁄2||Cup||small onion, diced|
|4||each||chipotle chilies in adobo, chopped (you may add more or less depending on how spicy you like your sauce)|
|2||each||lime, zested and juiced|
|2||Tablespoon||red wine vinegar|
|1⁄2||Cup||green onions, chopped|
- Combine olive oil, lime zest and juice, cilantro, salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Dip ahi into marinade mixture.
- Grill ahi until desired doneness.
- Serve with Mango Chipotle BBQ Sauce.
- Heat oil in a heavy sauce pot.
- Add diced onions, garlic and ginger.
- Saute until translucent.
- Add cumin and chili powder.
- Add the remaining ingredients and turn down the heat to low.
- Simmer on low for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove sauce from heat when it thickens.
- Puree BBQ sauce in a blender until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Note: To avoid being splashed by the hot sauce, fill blender only half way.