Roy's Lobster & Shrimp Risotto
Chef Roy Yamaguchi's shares his wonderful recipe for Lobster & Shrimp Risotto
|Recipe Categories||Fish & Seafood|
|1⁄2||each||Maui onion, chopped|
|1||Cup||local Hamakua mushrooms|
|2||Cup||Italian rice (it will say it is to be used for Risotto)|
|4||Cup||lobster stock or chicken stock|
|1||Bunch||asparagus, tips only, cut 1 inch long|
|1⁄2||Cup||fresh sweet peas, hulled|
|12||each||large shrimp, shelled & deveined, cut lengthwise|
|2||each||8 oz. lobster tails, meat only, diced|
|2||Tablespoon||fresh tarragon or basil, chopped|
|each||Goat Cheese or a Parmesan Assagio blend|
|each||Salt & pepper to taste|
|2||Teaspoon||truffle oil or a flavored olive oil such as boletus|
- Using a heavy bottomed, large sauce pan, melt butter on medium low heat with Maui onions, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add Italian rice and 1 cup of the stock.
- Stir until all stock is incorporated into the rice.
- Add 2 more cups of the stock and stir occasionally so that the rice does not stick.
- After the stock is incorporated into rice add last cup of stock and stir occasionally.
- Rice will now be thick and creamy after all of the stock is incorporated into the rice, but the rice will still be a little “crunchy”.
- Add white wine, cream, asparagus, peas, shrimp and lobster.
- Stir constantly until seafood is cooked.
- Sprinkle on tarragon or basil, add cheese, salt and pepper to taste, then drizzle with truffle or flavored olive oil.
Italian rice should be served when it is still slightly al dente.