Fresh, creamy, and delicious!
|1⁄2||Pound||red or russet potatoes|
|1⁄2||Pound||bacon, sliced, cut crosswise into 1/4" wide strips|
|1||Cup||green onions, sliced|
|1||each||onion, peeled and diced into 1/4" cubes|
|1||Cup||fresh or frozen corn|
|1||Tablespoon||garlic (3 cloves), finely chopped|
|1||Teaspoon||fresh thyme, finely chopped or 1/2 tsp. dry thyme|
|1 1⁄2||Pound||piece of salmon fillet, skin discarded and fish cut into 1" pieces|
|2||Teaspoon||fresh lemon juice|
- Cut potatoes into 1/2" cubes and hold in cold water; set aside.
- Cook bacon in a 5-quart heavy pot over moderate heat for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all the fat renders out.
- Add green onions, onions, corn, garlic, thyme, bay leaf and cook over moderately low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until green onions are tender.
- Add milk and cream and bring just to a boil.
- Reduce het to moderately low.
- Add cubed potatoes, salt and pepper and cook for about 8 minutes, gently stirring occasionally, until the potatoes become tender.
- Add in the salmon and lightly simmer until the salmon is just cooked through and begins to break up as you stir, 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Discard bay leaf before serving.
- Serve with crusty French bread and lots of crackers.
- Optional: Adjust the thickness with broken up saltine or soda