Seared Mahi Mahi with Warm Tomato Inamona Salad
All local ingredient comprise Chef Keoni's delicious and healthy seared Mahi Mahi dish!
|2||each||5 ounce filet local white fish such as Mahi Mahi or Kajiki|
|3||Ounce||macadamia nut oil|
|1||Pint||Ho Farms Tomatoes, whole|
|1||Tablespoon||finely sliced Maui Onion|
|2||Clove||garlic, germ removed and finely sliced.|
|1||Tablespoon||finely shredded basil|
|each||hawaiian sea salt to taste|
|each||pepper to taste|
|2||Pinch||Kahuku Sea Asparagus|
- Heat half of the macadamia nut oil in a medium sized sauté pan. Dry the fish filet with paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute them, cooking approximately 2 -3 minutes per side. Flip the fish when the side in the pan has a nice golden color. Reserve.
- Using the same pan, add in the rest of the macadamia nut oil and bring the temperature to medium high. Add in the tomatoes and roll them in the pan. After 30 seconds, add in the Maui onion and garlic. Gently move the tomatoes in the pan until they start to blister and some of the tomatoes break open.
- Add in the inamona and shredded basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish on a plate and spoon the tomato mixture over the fish.
- Sprinkle with pieces of the Kahuku Sea Asparagus.