Another delightful seafood dish
|1||Teaspoon||fresh cracked pepper|
| ||Unknown||vegetable oil, as needed|
- Combine the water, honey, vanilla extract, pepper, and salt. When everything is completely dissolved, add in the salmon.
- Let the salmon cure for 6-8 hours, refrigerated. Remove from brine and pat dry.
- Heat a pan to medium high and pour in vegetable oil to coat the bottom. When the oil is hot and rippling, place the salmon flesh side down in the pan and allow it to caramelize.
- Flip the piece after about 3 minutes, or when the salmon is golden brown. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Serve with soft polenta and wilted watercress.