Shiitake Lup Cheong Stuffing
A local take on a traditional Holiday favorite!
|Recipe Categories||Side Dishes|
|4||each||lup cheong, sliced 1/8"|
|8||Ounce||shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced 1/8"|
|1||each||onion, diced 1/8"|
|1||Cup||green onions, sliced|
|1||Can||water chestnuts, chopped|
|1||bag||diced stuffed bread, 13 oz.|
|Pinch||salt, to taste|
|Pinch||pepper, to taste|
- In a medium sauté pan, sweat bacon, lup cheong and ground pork
- When cooked through, add in mushrooms, onion and celery.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add parsley, green onions and water chestnuts.
- Add cooked ingredients (fat and all) to the bread crumbs and fold.
- Moisten with butter and broth to taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven-proof pan, cover with foil and bake at 325˚ for 45 minutes.
This item can be used to stuff & bake a turkey in the traditional manner, but should NOT be done for a deep fried turkey. Additionally, stuffing a turkey & baking it poses a potential sanitation risk since it takes so long for the interior of a turkey to reach 140˚F.