A Mediterranean inspired salad, delicious anytime of the year.
|1||Teaspoon||sherry wine vinegar|
|1⁄2||Teaspoon||fresh ground white pepper|
|4||Cup||mixed greens (your preference)|
|16||each||Nicoise or Kalamata olives|
|16||each||small grapes or teardrop tomatoes|
- Place 1/3 cup garlic, 1 cup white wine, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tbl. butter in a small sauce pan and slowly cook over low heat until the liquid becomes syrupy (about 10 minutes).
- If necessary, remove the garlic while finishing the reduction of the liquid. The garlic should be tender without being mushy.
- Keep liquid warm in a double boiler.
- Combine 1 tsp. sherry wine vinegar, 2 tbl. olive oil, 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. fresh ground white pepper in a small bowl.
- Whisk until the mixture no longer separates when allowed to stand for several minutes.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sear or grill until cooked.
- Gently toss 4 cups of mixed greens with dressing and 2 oz. of feta cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Divide between serving plates and arrange 4 shrimp, 4 olives and 4 tomatoes around the plate.
- Scatter candied garlic over the greens and drizzle the warm syrup over the salad.