Soba Noodle Salad with Cooked Salmon
Light and flavorful
|1||each||soba noodles, 12 oz.|
|6||Ounce||cucumber, seeded and julienned (about1 1/2 cups)|
|1||each||red bell pepper, julienned (about 1 cup)|
|5||each||scallions, julienned (1/2 cup)|
|1||Cup||soba noodle dressing|
|2||Tablespoon||sesame seeds, lightly toasted|
|6||sprig||fresh mint, picked|
|6||sprig||fresh cilantro, picked|
|12||Ounce||cooked salmon (1 1/2 cups)|
|Each||slices or diced ripe avocado|
|1⁄2||Cup||light soy sauce|
|1⁄2||Cup||rice wine vinegar|
|1⁄4||Cup||pure roasted sesame oil|
- Prepare an ice water bath; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add soba noodles, and cook until al dente according to package directions.
- Drain, and transfer to ice bath to cool quickly.
- Drain again, and place in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with oil, tossing lightly to coat.
- Add cucumber, bell pepper, scallions, dressing, sesame seeds and herbs.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Place on a platter, garnish with cooked salmon and avocado.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk to combine.