Sensational salmon with an Asian flair
|1⁄4||Cup||rice vinegar (not seasoned)|
|1||Tablespoon||fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated|
|2||Teaspoon||English dry mustard|
|4||piece(s)||6 oz. salmon fillet, skin on|
- Stir together sake, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger in a shallow dish.
- Add fish, skin sides up, and marinate in sake mixture, covered at room temperature for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Stir together mustard and water in a small bowl.
- Broil fish, skin sides down on oiled rack of a broiler pan 5-7" from heat until fish is just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Add orange juice to extra marinade and boil.
- Watch the sauce when it comes to a boil.
- Make sure it doesn't boil over.
- Reduce by half.
- Remove from the heat and swirl in the butter until it is completely melted in.
- Reserve in a warm place.
- Serve salmon drizzled with the sauce reduction and mustard.
- Vegetables like bok choy, asparagus, sauteed spinach and rice are excellent accompaniments.