Seriously tasty. You'll really enjoy the flavor of this dish.
|1||Cup||dry white wine, sauvignon blanc, chardonnay|
|4||Pound||manila clams, scrubbed|
|4||Clove||garlic cloves, sliced thin|
|1||Each||inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced into thin strips|
|4||Tablespoon||thinly sliced lemongrass, tender parts|
|1⁄4||Cup||basil leaves, thinly sliced|
|1||Cup||diced ripe tomatoes|
|1⁄4||Cup||sliced chives or green onions|
|1⁄2||Cup||chopped fresh Italian parsley|
| ||Unknown||Extra virgin olive oil as needed|
| ||Unknown||Crusty bread|
| ||Unknown||lime wedges|
- Preheat a large pot that will accommodate the clams.
- Add clams, wine, and garlic to pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over high heat until clams open, about 8 minutes. (Discard any clams that do not open.) Remove pot from heat. Stir in the butter.
- When butter is blended in, stir in the tomatoes. Pour the clams into a large serving dish and garnish with chives, and torn Italian parsley. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with crusty bread and lemon wedges.