Steamed Clams With Thai Red Curry
The spiciness of the Red Curry complements these clams perfectly, making this dish hard to resist!
|1⁄8||Cup||red curry paste|
|1||Cup||thinly sliced bell pepper|
|4||Pound||manila clams, scrubbed|
|1⁄2||Cup||Thai basil leaves, thinly sliced|
|1⁄8||Cup||sliced chives or green onions|
- Preheat large pot that will accommodate the clams.
- Heat the oil and add in the curry paste and, peppers, and garlic. Cook until the smells of the paste are fragrant.
- Add in 1 cup of coconut milk and whisk until the paste is evenly distributed. Add in the rest of the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce by 30 percent.
- Add clams to pot and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over high heat until clams open, about 8 minutes (discard any clams that do not open). Remove pot from heat.
- Stir in the basil, fish sauce and lime juice.
- Adjust flavor with more lime juice and basil if needed.
- Pour the clams into a large serving dish and garnish with chives.
- Serve with lime wedges.
For a brighter flavor, you may also add in whole Kaffir Lime leaves when the coconut milk is added.