The fragrance of citrus enhances this wonderful dish
|4||each||thick salmon fillets, square shaped, 6 oz.|
|4||each||ti leaf, for steaming|
|4||each||green onions, cut into 1/16" ribbons|
|6||each||fresh kaffir lime leaves, cut into 1/16" ribbons|
|3||each||serrano chiles, 1/16" slices|
|1||Tablespoon||ginger, cut into 1/16" ribbons|
|1||Tablespoon||garlic, 1/16" slices|
| ||Each||salt and black pepper, to taste|
| ||Each||fish sauce, as needed|
- Set up a steamer that can hold the 4 salmon fillets.
- Mix lime juice, salt, brown sugar and water.
- Add the fillets to the steamer (should be lined with it leaf), top with the green onions and steam for 6-8 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, heat the peanut oil until almost smoking.
- Mix the kaffir, chile, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
- First plate the salmon and right before serving, add the seasoning mix to the hot oil, mix and immediately pour over the salmon.
- Lightly drizzle with fish sauce.