Summer Berry Cobbler
A berry special and not to be missed treat
|3||Cup||all purpose flour|
|4||Pound||mixed berries, frozen|
|4||Tablespoon||fresh lemon juice|
- Combine the butter and sugars together into a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the flour and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and rub the mixture together with your hands to create coarse pea size balls of dough.
- Dough may be stored in an air tight container up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Combine the mixed berries with the lemon juice and allow the fruit to defrost.
- In a bowl combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt together.
- Blend the sugar mixture with the berries until well combined.
- Divide the berry mixture into 12 glass baking cups*.
- Bake at 340° in the center of the oven for about 20 minutes.
- The mixture should start to become thick and bubbly.
- Evenly sprinkle the streusel over the top of the hot fruit mixture and return the cobbler to the oven.
- Continue to bake at 340° uncovered for about 10-15 minutes or until the streusel becomes golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Note: If you don't have glass baking cups, you may also use a 9x9 glass pan using the same baking instructions.