Chef Keoni Chang's amazing burger recipe really hits the spot!
|Recipe Categories||Beef |
|8||Ounce||sirloin steak meat with fat|
|8||Ounce||chuck steak meat with fat|
| ||Each||kosher salt|
|1 1⁄2||Tablespoon||sweet pickle relish|
|1||Teaspoon||distilled white vinegar|
|16||each||dill pickle chips|
|4||leaf||fresh iceberg lettuce, sized to fit the bun|
| ||each||yellow mustard|
|4||Slice||deli-cut American Cheese|
- Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, sugar, and vinegar in small bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Pick two nice pieces of beef (i.e. sirloin, chuck) looking for those that have a decent amount of fat and ask the meat department to grind them for you using the coarse grind.
- Press the ground beef into 4 even size burgers.
- Sprinkle each patty on both sides with the salt.
- Place on the grill and do not move for 2 minutes.
- Before you flip the burger, slather it with yellow mustard.
- Cook the burger until the internal temperature is 135 degrees. Do not smash down on the patties while cooking, as it will push out the juice and make the burger dry.
- Remove the burgers from the heat to a plate. Lay the American cheese onto the burger to let it start to melt.
- Lightly toast the buns so the cut side is crisped and browned.
- On the bottom bun, place a tablespoon of sauce, 4 slices of pickle, one slice of tomato, and one piece of iceberg lettuce.
- Place a little more sauce on the top bun. Place the burger on the lettuce and top with the top bun.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!