Super Juicy Flavorful Pork Chops
Your family will love them!
|8||each||1" thick pork loin chops (3-4 lbs.)|
|3||Tablespoon||dry rub (see recipe)|
|Each||canola or vegetable oil, for cooking|
|Each||flour, as needed|
|3||Tablespoon||onion powder or granulated|
|3||Tablespoon||garlic powder or granulated|
|3||Tablespoon||ground black pepper|
|1 1⁄2||Teaspoon||dry oregano|
|1 1⁄2||Teaspoon||dry thyme leaves|
- Rub both sides of the chops with the dry rub, coating them generously.
- Place them in a deep pan, overlapping if necessary.
- Stir the lemon juice, vinegar, and garlic together in a bowl until blended.
- Pour over the chops and massage into them.
- Marinate the chops at room temperature for up to 1 hour or in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
- Pour enough oil into a large, heavy skillet to fill the bottom.
- If necessary, work in batches or use two skillets.
- Heat the oil over medium heat until rippling.
- Remove the chops from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Lightly remove excess moisture from chops with a paper towel and dredge in flour.
- Remove all excess flour from the chops.
- Add as many chops as will fit in the pan without touching.
- Cook until the chops are well browned on the underside; about 6 minutes.
- Turn the chops and cook until they are firm near the bone when you poke them with a finger; about 8 minutes.
- Keep warm while cooking the second batch.
- Serve immediately.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.