A wonderful dessert featuring some of Hawaii's favorite flavors!
|1||each||vanilla bean, scraped|
|1 1⁄2||Cup||flour, sifted|
|1⁄2||Cup||toasted ground macadamia nuts|
| ||each||Whipped Cream|
| ||each||Fresh fruit|
| ||each||Macadamia nuts, chopped|
| ||each||toasted coconut|
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine sugar and melted butter in a bowl and beat by hand until combined.
- Add eggs, vanilla, vanilla bean scrapings, coconut syrup and buttermilk. Continue beating until well mixed.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda in another bowl. Fold in macadamia nuts.
- Gently fold flour mixture into butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Prepare small individual bundt cake pans by spraying with vegetable cooking spray.
- Fill pans ¾ full and bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out slightly damp.
- Remove cakes from the oven.
- Let cakes sit in pans for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans, then poke small holes into the cakes with a skewer.
- Pour Coconut Glaze over warm cakes.
- Garnish with whipped cream, fresh fruit, nuts and toasted coconut.
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, combine all ingredients and cook down for 5-10 minutes on medium heat.
- Spoon hot glaze over cakes and serve warm.