Follow these steps for grilling success!
1. Choose a steak that’s at least 1” thick.
This will ensure the steak can sear nicely on the outside without overcooking.
2. Take your steak out of the fridge one hour prior to grilling.
At room temperature, your steak will cook more evenly.
3. Pat steak dry before applying your rub.
This allows for a better searing and browning of the steak.
4. Preheat grill so it’s completely hot before placing steak on the grill
That high heat will give your steak a perfect crust and lock in those juices. If using charcoal, be sure coals burn until half white before placing steak on grill.
5. Always use a meat thermometer to ensure your steak is fully cooked.
For medium rare, the thickest part of your steak should be at 120-125°F.
6. After taking off the grill, allow steak to rest a few minutes before cutting.
This allows the steak to relax and juices to redistribute.
7. Most of all, remember that ingredients matter.
Choosing Premium Choice Certified Angus Beef® means you’re choosing a truly superior cut of meat that’s tender, juicy, and full of flavor. Simple seasonings like our Pulehu Seasoned Salt Rub really allows the great natural flavor of the steak to shine. Get the Pulehu Seasoned Salt Rub recipe.