Join Chef Keoni in his home kitchen as he demonstrates how to make Shrimp Scampi and Cacio e Pepe.
Ingredients and Instructions (Serves 4):
- 1 lb large shrimp, 16/20 or U15, peeled, deveined
- 1/2 block of butter
- 6 or more cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lemons, halved
- Tabasco, to taste
- Worcestershire Sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Heat a 10 inch sauté pan to medium high heat.
- Place 2 tablespoons butter into the pan and let it melt and begin to sizzle.
- Add in the shrimp and let it cook, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add in the garlic and toss.
- Add in the juice of 1 lemon, a dash of tabasco and a dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, swirl in remaining butter.
- Toss in parsley. Adjust seasoning with extra lemon, salt and pepper.
Cacio e Pepe
- 1/4 cup salt
- 8 oz. pasta, preferably spaghetti or linguini
- 1/2 block unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot. Season with salt; add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, approximately 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking water.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add pepper and cook, swirling pan, until toasted, about 1 minute.
- Add ½ cup reserved pasta water to skillet and bring to a simmer. Add pasta and remaining butter. Stir to let the butter blend into the water.
- Reduce heat to low and add in the parmesan, stirring and tossing with tongs until melted.
- Remove pan from heat; add Pecorino, cheese melts, sauce coats the pasta.
- If the pasta looks dry, add in a little more pasta water. Serve.
Note: Directions are meant as a general guide. Chef Keoni may improvise slightly during class.
Your ingredients are just a click away!
Click here to shop online for this recipe with
Tune in to Home Cooking with Foodland every first and third Wednesday of the month from 5:00 – 6:00 pm.
Click here to register.