Join Chef Keoni in his home kitchen as he demonstrates how to make Kalua Pork Sliders with Hoisin BBQ Sauce, Asian Slaw and Corn Avocado Salad.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
Kalua Pork Sliders:
- 1 pack (8 each) soft buns, your brand of preference
- 2-3 containers of Kalua pork, warmed (quantity depends on how full a slider you like)
Hoisin BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 small Yellow onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 medium cloves Garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2/3 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons Shoyu
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, grated
- 1 dash toasted Sesame oil
- 1 dash Shoyu
- 1 small head of Won bok, shredded about 6 cups
- 1 small Carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup Green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted Sesame seeds
Corn Avocado Salad
- 4 ears of Corn, boiled or grilled
- 4 Avocados
- 1 large Tomato
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Lime
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Note: Quantities are approximate and can always be adjusted to your taste.
Your ingredients are just a click away!
Click here to shop online for this recipe with
Tune in to Home Cooking with Foodland every Wednesday from 5:00 – 6:00 pm.
Click here to register.