Foodland shoppers, meat summer. It’s the season for grilling and we’re here to supply your beach picnics, backyard BBQs and neighborhood block parties with the highest standard of beef a grill master can buy.
Certified Angus Beef® passes 10 quality standards, making it superior to USDA prime. It’s the most tender, juicy and flavorful beef on the market, and it’s exclusively at Foodland! Keep reading for Chef Keoni’s top grilling tips, recipes and suggestions for how to make your grilling experience Maikaʻi with our very own Maikaʻi products.
Chef Keoni's Top Grilling TipsFollow these steps for grilling success!
• To sear and avoid overcooking, choose a steak that’s at least 1” thick.
• Take steak out of the fridge one hour prior to grilling. It’ll cook more evenly at room temperature.
• Pat steak dry before applying rub for a better searing and browning of the meat.
• Ensure grill is completely hot before cooking steak to give it a perfect crust and lock in juices. If using charcoal, be sure coals burn until half white before placing steak on grill.
• Use a meat thermometer to ensure steak is fully cooked. The thickest part of a medium rare steak should be 120-125°F.
• After taking off the grill, allow steak to relax before cutting so juices can redistribute.
Pulehu Seasoning Recipe
Goodbye, salt and pepper. Hello, Pulehu Seasoning! Try our recipe for a versatile, all-in-one seasoning mix that adds the right amount of flavor to any meat, chicken or pork.
Grilling With Maikaʻi - Starting July 3Whether you’re a seasoned griller or just starting out, our Foodland-exclusive Maikaʻi line has something for you.
For the meat lover who’s new to grilling, check out our new grab-and-go Maikaʻi Marinated Meats. Our butchers do all the prep for you so all you have to do is, well, grill! Choose from nine varieties of beef, chicken and pork offerings, available in ono local flavors like teriyaki, Korean-style and our exclusive Pulehu rub.
Or if you’re an experienced griller who likes to add some signature flare, our Maikaʻi Teriyaki Marinades and Organic BBQ Sauces might be just the thing you’ve been looking for to up your grilling game. Personalize our soy-based marinades to your preferred taste with green onions or toasted sesame seeds, or choose from our four BBQ Sauces including Sriracha Garlic, Korean, Everyday and Kansas City.
So get your grill on and meet your butcher to save $3 off a Certified Angus Beef® item starting July 3 through July 30.