Message to Customers Regarding COVID-19
WHAT WE CONTINUE TO DO AT FOODLAND TO KEEP YOU SAFE
Since March 2020 we have made many changes at our stores to help keep our customers and employees safe. We continue to evaluate our policies and make necessary additions and changes as the situation evolves and we learn more. Currently, this is what we do at all stores:
- Require employees to have their temperatures taken and pass a detailed wellness check before starting work. Temperatures cannot equal or exceed 100.4 degrees F. Employees must honestly answer “no” to all COVID-19 symptom and close contact questions asked on the wellness check.
- Advise employees to stay home if they are not well and to seek medical attention.
- Mandate that all employees self-monitor, speak up and go home if they are feeling unwell at any time during their shift.
- Mandate that ALL customers and employees wear face coverings at all times while in the store. Masks must cover both the nose and mouth. Face shields without masks are not allowed.
- Ensure a security guard or store employee monitors the front door to enforce our mask policy and store limits.
- Limit the number of customers inside the store based on store size.
- Allow customers to bring in only one additional person. Groups of more than two will be prohibited.
- Enforce social distancing of 6 feet while shopping.
- Enforce distancing at checkout by asking customers to stand behind lines marked on the floor.
- Install plexiglass barriers at checkout.
- Increase routine cleaning and sanitation of high-touch areas, including cart and basket handles, and other areas.
- Require cashiers to clean and disinfect surface areas after each customer including check stands and pin pads.
- Bag groceries in Foodland paper bags only so as not to touch customers’ reusable bags. Ask customers to bag their own groceries if they bring their own bags.
- Discontinue sampling in all departments. Poke samples may be provided by employees using gloves upon customer request.
- Discontinue self-serve stations (hot bar/cold bar, beverage stations, etc.). These items are now pre-packed.
- Continue to educate our employees and stress the importance of acting cautiously and conservatively when not at work by wearing masks when around others and avoiding closed spaces, close contact, and crowds.
- Provide delivery and curbside pickup service (Foodland To You) at 11 Foodland stores statewide so customers can order groceries online at home and not have to come into the store.
- Allow seniors 60 yrs. and older a time to shop comfortably in the store with one other family member or caregiver during Kupuna Shopping Hours, 6 a.m. to 7 a.m., Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
COVID-19 POSITIVE CASE PROTOCOL
At Foodland, we continue to believe that the strict safety policies and protocol we’ve put into place have helped keep our customers and more than 2,600 Foodland employees safe. However, in the event that an employee should test positive for COVID-19 at one of our stores, we are prepared to follow the steps below:
- Interview the employee involved to get more information (date/time last worked, all areas worked) and identify possible close contacts at the store.
- Contact the Department of Health to confirm the positive test result and communicate details about the situation so they may provide guidance and begin contact tracing.
- Notify all store employees of the situation. Require that close contact employees self-quarantine and test immediately.
- Notify anyone else who may have had close contact with the employee, with assistance from the Department of Health. Request that close contact individuals self-quarantine and be tested.
- Determine if all employees in the store should be tested.
- Schedule cleaning and sanitation by a professional sanitation company. Determine if store should be closed for the cleaning and sanitation and when it will re-open.
- Provide all information about situation to management, store employees, and main office support staff to help answer customer questions.
Please note that we have been advised by the Department of Health that because our employees and customers are required to wear masks and because we practice social distancing, sanitize regularly, have plexiglass barriers and enforce other safety measures, the risk to customers is minimal if an employee should test positive. In addition, the fact that interaction with customers is less than 10 minutes helps keep customers safe.
Please contact us at (808) 732-0791 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Mahalo for your cooperation and support.