|1||each||large lemon, juiced|
|1⁄4||Cup||tahini paste (you may substitute with unsweetend unsalted peanut butter and a dash of sesame oil)|
|1||Can||chickpeas, aka garbanzo beans, drained (15 oz. can)|
|1||Clove||garlic (with green inner germ removed), minced|
|1||Dash||ground paprika for serving|
| ||each||Extra virgin olive oil for garnish|
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine tahini or peanut buter and lemon juice to warm up and loosen. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl as necessary to keep the product smooth and even.
- Add the chick peas and garlic and puree. Continue to puree and scrape intermittently until the beans are smooth.
- Puree in the olive oil, salt and cumin. Taste for seasoning and adjust consistency with additional olive oil or water.
- Scrape the hummus into a bowl and sprinkle with paprika. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with pita or crackers.