|Recipe Categories||Beef |
|10||each||button mushrooms, finely diced|
|1⁄2||Cup||red bell peppers, finely diced|
|1⁄2||Cup||green bell pepper, finely diced|
|4||stalk||celery, finely diced|
|1⁄2||each||onion, finely diced|
|2 1⁄2||Pound||ground lean beef|
|8||piece(s)||shiitake mushrooms, sliced|
|12||piece(s)||button mushrooms, sliced|
|Each||salt and pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Baking time approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl.
- Add diced vegetables, ketchup, salt and pepper.
- Add ground beef and mix thoroughly.
- Incorporate panko until mixture becomes firm enough to hold shape.
- Shape mix into a nice rectangle shape and place on an oiled sheet pan to bake.
- A greased loaf pan may be used but will require extra cooking time, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with Mushroom Sauce.
- Note: You can freeze meatloaf after baking to serve at a later time.
- Cool completely, wrap meatloaf with plastic wrap and then with foil tightly before freezing.
- To re-heat, thaw out meatloaf.
- Slice to desired thickness.
- Lightly oil an outdoor grill or griddle top and grill slices of meatloaf before eating.
- Sauté mushrooms with olive oil and garlic.
- Add demi glace and cream.
- Reduce until thick, about 4 minutes.
- Add basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with meatloaf.