With the launch of our Certified Angus Beef Contest, I thought that it would be a great time to familiarize everyone with a few different cuts of steak. Hopefully, next time you’re at a steakhouse or checking out our meat department this will help you picking out a steak to your liking. Let me know if you’d like to know about any other cuts not mentioned here.
- Filet Mignon: The most-tender cut of beef, the Filet Mignon has been appearing in restaurants since the 1800s. Taken from the tenderloin, it can be broiled, grilled or sautéed.
- Flat Iron Steak: Second in tenderness to beef from the tenderloin, and much less expensive, this boneless steak has excellent flavor. Taken from the chuck (shoulder area) of the animal, it can also be broiled, grilled or sautéed.
- Ribeye Steak: Also tender, the ribeye is known for its rich flavor. Ribeyes can also be broiled, grilled or sautéed.
- Sirloin Steak: Larger in portion and well flavored, this steak still has tenderness while found a more affordable price. This juicy steak can be broiled, grilled or sautéed.
- Strip Steak (New York Strip): Available boneless or bone-in, the strip steak is lean, tender and loaded with flavor. It’s easy to prepare whether you broil, grill or sauté it.
- T-Bone Steak: This combines two lean tender steaks combining both strip and tenderloin steaks, connecting them with a T-shaped bone. It can also be grilled, broiled or sautéed.
- Chef Cut Ribeye Steak: This steak is a signature cut that we do in our stores. This is a rib steak taken off the bone, and trimmed to perfection. It is tied with twine and the heart of the rib eye steak. Once you try this great steak it will be hard to eat anything else.
Deals, Events, Promotions, Tips and Tricks