Roy's Oven-Roasted Clams with Hawaiian Chili Water and Butter
|3⁄4||Cup||unsalted butter, softened|
|1⁄4||Cup||fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped|
|40||each||clams, fresh scrubbed|
|2||Tablespoon||Hawaiian chili pepper water|
- Preheat the broiler.
- Prepare butter: combine the butter, garlic and parsley in a bowl and stir to blend well.
- Set aside.
- Heat a dry cast-iron skillet under the broiler for about 5 minutes until it becomes very hot.
- Using oven mitts, remove the skillet and add the clams.
- Dollop half of the prepared butter over the clams and place the skillet under the broiler again, 5-6" from the heat source.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, until the clams have opened.
- Discard any that do not open.
- Pour the chili water and soy sauce over the clams.
- Stir to deglaze the pan and add the remaining butter.
- Transfer the clams to warmed serving bowl, pour sauce from pan over the clams, and sprits some lime juice over the top.