Chinese Style Steamed Moi
|1||each||medium size whole moi or tai fish, white fleshed|
| ||Each||salt, as needed|
|1⁄2||Teaspoon||rice wine vinegar|
| ||Each||coriander leaves, as needed|
- Rinse and drain fish.
- On both sides of fish, cut deep incisions across width at 1" intervals.
- Sprinkle with salt inside and out.
- Cut green onions into 2-3 sections, then slice lengthwise into thin strips.
- Julienne ginger slices.
- Insert spring onions and ginger into incisions, any excess can be placed inside fish.
- Steam fish in a wok.
- Steam on a medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Place fish on a serving dish.
- Mix soy sauce and vinegar and pour over fish.
- Remove water from wok.
- Add oil to wok, heat till sizzling and pour over fish.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.