Spicy Mexican Salsa
|3||Pound||ripe tomatoes, 6-7|
|1⁄2||each||Maui onions, finely diced|
|3||each||garlic cloves, crushed and minced or squeeze cloves through garlic press|
|3||each||hot yellow chili peppers, chopped finely with seeds, in the jar|
|1||Tablespoon||vinegar (marinade from the chili pepper jar)|
- Cut an "X" on the bottom of each tomato and blanch the tomatoes in boiling water until you see the skin separating from the tomato.
- Remove quickly and place in an ice bath.
- Once cooled, remove the skin, squeeze the tomato juice into a large bowl and roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Add the onion, garlic, chili peppers, vinegar and salt.
- Chill salsa for at least 30 minutes so the flavors will marry.
- The longer you wait, the more intense the flavors.
- Just before serving, add the chopped cilantro and green onion.
- Salsa can be served with chips or as a topping for many dishes.
- Have a fun and enjoy!