|Recipe Categories||Asian |
|8||Ounce||Rice sticks labeled for Pancit Bihon|
|1||each||medium onion finely sliced|
|1||Cup||green cabbage shredded 1/8 inch thick|
|1||each||1 medium size carrot shredded 1/8 inch thick|
|1||Pound||small shrimp 31/35 size, peeled and deveined|
|3||piece(s)||chicken thighs or drumsticks cooked and shredded|
|4||Cup||chicken broth or stock|
|each||freshly ground black pepper|
|1||Cup||sliced green onions, 1 inch thick|
- Heat a large wok or sauté pan to medium-high heat. Add canola oil.
- Stir fry the garlic and onions until the onions turn clear. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add cabbage and carrots and cook until wilted.
- Add the shredded chicken pieces and shrimp (if using). Lightly stir fry 2-3 minutes. Pour the mixture onto a bowl and set aside.
- Pour the chicken stock into the heated wok. Once it starts boiling, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add rice sticks, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Boil for another 5 minutes or so until there is approximately 1/4 cup stock left.
- Add the meat mixture back into the wok. Lightly toss until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add freshly ground pepper to taste, lemon juice and sliced green onions.
Calamansi juice can add a really nice bright citrus flavor to the pancit. If available, squeeze some Calamansi juice onto the pancit and toss just before serving.