Angel Butter Biscuits
2 packagesyeast - 1/2 oz.
4 tablespoonslukewarm water
3 teaspoonsBaking Powder
1 teaspoonbaking soda
5 1⁄2 cupsAll Purpose Flour
12 ouncesbutter (3 sticks)
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and place into a mixing bowl with a dough hook attachment, or you can knead by hand.
- Add the butter and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add yeast mixture and buttermilk and knead the dough for about 2 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out to about ½” thickness.
- Cut with a 3” circle cutter, fold in half for pocketbook rolls.
- Rework the extra dough into a new sheet.
- Let the dough rest before rolling and cutting.
- Allow the biscuits to rise approximately 2 hours or until doubled in volume (place the biscuits in a warm area, about 80-90°).
- Bake at 400° for 10 min. or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with extra soft butter.