Apple Banana Bread
1⁄2 cupvegetable shortening
5very ripe apple bananas (mashed)
2 cupsall-purpose flour
1⁄2 teaspoonBaking Powder
1 teaspoonbaking soda
1 pinchGround Cinnamon
1⁄2 cupwalnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°f and spray nonstick/grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a sperate bowl cream sugar and shortening together by hand or using electric mixer. Add eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla then mix well until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and gently fold to form a thick batter. Stir in walnuts making sure it’s mixed in evenly.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans and place on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes and check if it’s done by inserting a toothpick in the center of the loaf. If toothpick emerges clean; bread is done.
- Let banana bread cool for a few minutes before serving.