Arare Crusted Ahi with Watercress and Tomato Salad
1 cupArare (Mochi Crunch) smashed up to the size of Japanese bread crumbs
14-5 oz. piece fresh ahi filet
1 tablespooncanola oil
1 teaspoonshoyu/mustard (mixture of English dry mustard and water, then flavored with shoyu)
1 teaspoonrice wine vinegar
2 cupswatercress tops
1 cupassorted grape tomatoes halved
2 teaspoonspickled ginger, chopped
1 teaspoongreen onion, finely sliced
- Heat a non stick pan on medium high heat.
- Crust one side of the ahi. Place the canola oil in the pan. Gently lay the crusted side of ahi into the pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Turn over and cook for 20 seconds more. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Place the watercress into a chilled mixing bowl. Add in the tomatoes, salt, pepper, pickled ginger and green onions. Add in 2 tablespoons dressing and mix gently to incorporate.
- Plate individually, drizzling a little more dressing on the plate for sauce. Alternately, make large batches and serve family-style.