Avocado Halves with Shrimp Salad
1 poundcooked shrimp, tails & shells removed
1⁄4 cupred bell pepper, small diced
1⁄4 cupgreen bell pepper, small diced
1⁄4 cupMaui onion, small diced
1 tablespoonparsley, finely chopped
4 tablespoonsgreen onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoongarlic, minced
1 teaspoonWorcestershire sauce
2 teaspoonsTabasco sauce
1⁄4 teaspoonwhite pepper
2 teaspoonschili powder
1⁄2 teaspoongarlic powder
1 tablespoonchipotle chilies in adobo sauce, minced
1 can4.5 oz. chopped green chilies
headerBread Crumbs and Avocados
1 cupbread crumbs
2 tablespoonsparsley, minced
2large, ripe avocados
- In a mixing bowl, combine above ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain excess liquid before filling avocados.
- Mix all ingredients together, chill and reserve.
Bread Crumbs and Avocados
- Combine paprika bread crumbs and parsley. Mix well and reserve.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place each avocado on its side, with skin still on, and slice off a thin round portion so the avocado will sit levelly on the serving plate.
- Repeat with the opposite side.
- Each avocado will have 2 thin slices cut from each side.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise, then remove pit and discard.
- Fill each avocado with about ¼ cup Shrimp Salad.
- Cover Shrimp Salad with a thin layer of Chili Mayonnaise and bread crumbs.
- Place avocados on a baking pan in the oven. Broil until bread crumbs are brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Place each avocado half on a bed of shredded lettuce and serve with extra Chili Mayonnaise.
For the shrimp, you could also try ½ lb. of 26/30 ct. jumbo peeled and deveined shrimp. Cook briefly until done and chop.