1 cupGranulated Sugar
8 tablespoonsunsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick of butter)
2large local eggs
3very ripe local bananas
1⁄2 teaspoonvanilla extract
1 tablespoonGran Marnier or triple sec (optional)
1 teaspoonGround Cinnamon
2 cupsall-purpose flour
1 teaspoonBaking Powder
1 teaspoonbaking soda
1⁄2 cupchopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Mix in the vanilla, Gran Marnier and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and walnuts.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.