Braciola – Stuffed Beef Roll
1 poundsirloin tip or top round steak
1 teaspoonBlack Pepper
3 tablespoonsolive oil
1 poundhot italian sausage, casing removed
1⁄2 cupRicotta Cheese
1⁄2 cupMozzarella cheese, shredded
1⁄2 cupasiago cheese, shredded or grated
2 clovesgarlic, minced
1 teaspoongarlic salt
1 tablespoonItalian herb seasoning
1 cupred wine
126 oz. bottle prepared tomato pasta sauce
114 oz. can chicken broth
10fresh basil, chopped
- Pound steak until about ¼” thick.
- Cut into two pieces. Salt and pepper each side.
- Spoon half of the Cheese Filling down the center of beef.
- Roll beef around filling like a jelly roll. Tie with string to secure.
- Repeat with remaining beef and filling.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan and brown beef rolls.
- Combine all above ingredients, mix well and reserve.
- Add all Tomato Sauce ingredients to large sauce pan with beef rolls.
- Turn heat to low and braise 3-4 hours until beef is tender and filling is cooked through.
- Remove beef rolls from sauce.
- Let beef cool 10 minutes, then slice and serve with Tomato Sauce.