Braised Kale and White Beans
1⁄2 poundbacon, diced 1/2"
2 poundskale, thick stems removed, washed and cut into 2" sections
3 cupswhite beans, canned
1 pinchsalt and pepper to taste
1 dashextra virgin olive oil
1zest of one lemon
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, sweat the bacon until the fat starts to render.
- Add in the onion and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add in the kale and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the broth and simmer until the kale is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add in the beans and season with salt and pepper.
- When serving, transfer to a platter, drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and grate fresh lemon zest over the top.