Breakfast Corn Dogs
- Cook sausage in a frying pan over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Pat cooked sausage with paper towels to absorb excess grease and insert a bamboo skewer into each sausage; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Maika’i Buttermilk Pancake Mix and cornmeal.
- Add egg, Maika’i Guava Syrup and unsweetened sparkling water, adding more water as needed for the batter to become slightly thick. Start out by adding 1 cup, then work your way up to 2 cups.
- Heat some canola oil in a large pot over medium-high heat to about 350 degrees F.
- Dip each sausage into batter and allow excess to drip off for a few seconds.
- Carefully drop each battered sausage into oil and use tongs to turn each corndog to ensure even browning.
- Remove corndogs from oil when the outside is golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with Maika’i Guava Syrup and Maika’i Spicy Guava Mustard for dipping.
Please feel free to use any of our Maika'i Pancake Mixes.