A perfect complement to any Football tailgating, barbecue at the beach, or as pupus for a party
|1⁄3||Cup||Louisiana or Red Hot hot sauce|
|5||Pound||assorted chicken wing pieces|
|1||Pound||celery, cut into pieces|
|2||Cup||Blue Cheese Dressing|
- Soften butter, but do not let it melt completely.
- Whisk in BBQ sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, cayenne, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Defrost the wings, drain any liquid, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400˚ for one hour, or until the wings are nicely brown and the juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
- Remove the wings from the oven and toss them with the sauce.
- Arrange them neatly on a platter and drizzle with remaining sauce.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery on the side.
It is important to dip the chicken wings into the blue cheese dressing. This way, you experience the cooling effect the dressing provides against the hot sauce and tangy vinegar. The celery helps to clean all of the richness from the wings, sauce, and dressing.