Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Pineapple & Macadamia Nuts
1 poundbrussels sprouts, stems and outer leaves trimmed
1⁄2 canyams, cut into 1 inch cubes (canned or you can also roast or boil yams)
1⁄2 cuppineapple, cut into 1 inch cubes (canned or fresh)
1⁄4 cupbacon, chopped
3 tablespoonshoney-roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
1⁄4 cupdried cranberries
2 tablespoonsBrown Sugar
3 tablespoonsapple cider vinegar
- Cut brussels sprouts in half and boil in salted water for 2 minutes, then remove, drain, and set aside
- On medium high heat, add oil to a large frying pan and add brussels sprouts until they start to brown.
- Add pineapples and stir, sautee for 2-3 minutes.
- Add yams. Sautee and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- After another 2 minutes add brown sugar, then cider vinegar
- Cook till sauce thickens slightly
- Garnish with bacon bits, cranberries, and macadamia nuts