Chinese Style Baked Fish
2Medium white fish (Tilapia, Grey Sole, Flounder or Fluke Filet)
4green onions stock (julienned)
4 tablespoonsfresh ginger (julienned)
1 bunchcilantro (chopped)
1 teaspoongarlic salt
3 tablespoonsshoyu (soy sauce)
1⁄2 cupcanola oil
1 tablespoonsesame oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- On a lightly oil sprayed piece of foil, add about ½ tbsp. of ginger. Season fish with garlic salt on all sides and place fish on top of the ginger. Add another ½ tbsp. of ginger on top of the fish and drizzle 1 tbsp. of mirin, then wrap up foil to seal up the fish. Place in the oven.
- Bake fish 7-10 minutes or until flakey and remove from oven.
- Heat a small saucepan to medium-high heat than add both sesame oil and canola oil into pan. Heat oil until lightly smoking.
- Garnish with green onions, cilantro, ginger and a drizzle of soy sauce.
- Pour about a 1-2 tbsp. of hot oil onto fish to sizzle the garnish and release all the flavor.