Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake
- Prepare two 8" round cake pan with grease and a parchment round on the bottom.
- Crush the Oreo cookies into small pieces.
- Evenly split the crushed Oreo cookies between the two cake pans and press into the bottom of the prepared cake pan.
- Whip the egg yolk, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy in a mixing bowl.
- Place the heavy cream into a large sauce pan and heat to about 200 degrees.
- Add in the chocolate and gently blend with a whisk until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir the hot chocolate cream into the egg yolk mixture and keep stirring until emulsified.
- Let the ganache cool and place in an air tight container.
- Store the ganache in the refrigerator.
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment until smooth.
- Do not incorporate too much air into cheese mixture.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl down.
- Add in the eggs and mix until just combined.
- Scrape the bowl down again.
- Add in the 1 cup of ganache and incorporate until just combined, using low speed.
- Evenly split and pour the cheesecake batter into the two prepared pans.
- Place the cake pans into a larger baking pan with a rim at least 1/2"-1" high. Fill the larger pan with water about half way up to the rim.
- Bake at 250° for about 60 minutes.
- Check the doneness and continue baking for another 60 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake is slightly firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Place into refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
- When completely chilled and firm, you may serve straight from pan or from a serving dish.
- To serve from the a cake serving dish place the bottom of the cake pan into a larger pan of hot water for about 10 seconds.
- This will help release the crust and side of the cheesecake from the cake pan.
- Gently turn the cheesecake over and tap the sides of the pan onto a hard surface.
- This should release the cheesecake from the pan.
- Turn over onto serving dish.
- Place the caramel topping into a sauce pan and heat over low to medium heat stirring constantly.
- Reduce the sauce for about 5-10 minutes or until a thicker consistency results.
- Serve hot over a slice of cheesecake or chill slightly and pour over the entire cheesecake before cutting.