- Combine the salt, sugar and rice vinegar. Allow the sugar and salt to dissolve.
- Place the freshly cooked rice into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the vinegar mixture over the rice.
- Add in the carrots and sesame seeds. Use a slicing motion in the rice and a rice paddle with mixing to prevent the smashing of the rice grains. Allow to cool.
- Open the age package and press the pieces between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- One at a time, stuff the age with the cooled sushi rice. Place on a sheet of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Refrigerate until serving. (Serve within the day it is made.)
Age is the fried bean curd wrapper for cone sushi -- or inarizushi, in Japanese. This recipe is written to use the prepared and cut wrappers available in stores.