Cornbread and Portuguese Sausage Stuffing
6bacon slices, diced
112 oz Portuguese sausage, diced into ½ inch pieces
1⁄4 poundground pork
1onion, diced 1/8 inch
2large celery ribs, diced 1/8 inch
1⁄2 cupparsley, chopped
1 cupgreen onions, sliced
1 canwater chestnuts, chopped
1 tablespoonpoultry seasoning
19x13 pan cornbread, diced ½ inch and toasted
3 cupsturkey broth or chicken broth
- Preheat oven at 350°.
- In a medium sauté pan, sweat bacon, Portuguese sausage, and ground pork.
- When cooked through, add in onion and celery. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in parsley, green onions, water chestnuts, and poultry seasoning.
- Add cooked ingredients (fat and all) to the cornbread and fold.
- Moisten with butter and broth to taste, and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place in an oven proof pan and bake for 45 minutes covered.