Corned Beef Hash and Poached Eggs
3 tablespoonsunsalted butter
2 tablespoonsvegetable oil
2 cupshash browns, country style, frozen
5 cupsleftover corned beef, shredded
1⁄4 teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter and oil in a 12" cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it begins to brown slightly, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Add the hash browns, and cook until it starts to brown.
- Add in corned beef, salt and black pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Once combined, spread the hash evenly over the pan and firmly press down with a spatula.
- Place a heavy lid, heatproof plate or second pan directly on top of the hash and let cook until browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes stir mixture, press down again, top with the lid and let cook another 5-6 minutes, or until browned.
- Serve immediately with Poached Eggs (see Poached Egg recipe).