Cornmeal Fried Oysters with Blue Cheese Dressing
headerBlue Cheese Dressing
4 ouncesblue cheese, crumbled
1⁄2 cupsour cream
1⁄4 cupbuttermilk or regular milk
3 tablespoonsrice wine vinegar
1 dashworchestershire sauce
1 quartfresh oysters, shucked
1 cupinstant cornbread mix
Blue Cheese Dressing
- Mix all the blue cheese dressing ingredients together; mix well.
- Cover and chill.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or thick bottom saute pan.
- Add enough vegetable oil for a shallow fry (about 1-1 1/2").
- Mix the cornmeal, cornbread mix, salt and pepper in a wide shallow bowl.
- Remove oysters from their liquid and roll each in cornbread mix, coating well.
- Fry oysters in hot oil and drain on paper towels or a rack set over a sheet pan.
- Lightly salt each oysters and serve hot with homemade blue cheese dressing.